Saturday, February 16, 2008

I Wish it Were April (Mike Experience Version)

As I sit here, drapped in a cozy cuddle blanket with the logo of my favorite empire covering every inch, I find myself eager for baseball season. I'm still excited despite congress' attempts to destroy the game by calling out/worshiping the greatest players in history about alleged steroid injections in their millionaire tushies; all the while, ignoring wars, recession and the fact that gas is still expensive.

I can't wait for those lazy Saturday afternoons when you sit back on the couch and watch Fox's medicore coverage for a good 4-5 hours. If it's the Blue Jays vs. the Devil Rays, then that sitting position will probably turn into more of a reclined posture as drool vacates my open mouth accompanied by the rumbling of my victorious growl of sleep; which in it's own right is still very edifying.

I believe it was Jay Marriotti on Around the Horn who made mention that regardless of the scandal, baseball will always survive. This commentary parallel's my own thoughts on the current steroid garbage. I say let's move on so the nation can begin their hated of my beloved Yankees, their hopeful wishing that the cubs may be successful and their eager wait to see which long ball hitter shines this year. If our situation doesn't change, that successful hitter will have to give testimony to congress contradicting a glory seeking nobody who wasn't good enough to be a cop.

That being said, start making plans for the first match up of your favorite rivaly and get your chores done so the wife (or mother) will be more apt to letting you gloriously waste 4-5 hours of your day in one the most englightening experience one may have; watching baseball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...or golf!

Charlie said...

im with you, stop wasting time and money on steroids in sports, let the leagues deal with it. mitchell report was a complete waste of time. dodgers/torre > yanks :P

GO M'S!!!