I have the days off Tuesday and Thursday while the love's at work, coincidentally I get really bored. I study and what not but sometimes that doesn't stimulate me enough. Luckily today there was something goin' down that did the trick, this is after I played soccer in the hail for a few hours, the College Republicans and College Democrats (the phantom group that I guess represents my views the most) faced off amongst a predominately republican crowd at BYU-Idaho, yeah go figure.
I went and enjoyed myself. It was entertaining but the Republicans obviously had home field advantage and took the debate with ease, considering it was graded on crowd response and not the issues themselves. It didn't matter what the democrats presented or how well they did it, the Republicans were able to conquer with one of the many cards they borrowed from Sean Hannity; democrats would present figures for immigration the republicans would play the national security card, regarding energy national security with the addition of anti-ecosystem rhetoric.
My big pet peeve of the night was that there were obvious gaps and double standards that the "away" team in blue didn't capitalize on. It was this fact alone that inspired me to make a life changing decision, embrace my inner-democrat. JUST FOR THE RECORD, I really dislike Barrack Obama and Hilary Clinton but considering the obvious domination of the reds here on campus I should support the party I'm registered with; especially considering we'll be in Iraq for the next 50 years and the Republicans still decide to tie every political issue today to 9/11.
That being said, don't be suprised when you see my name associated with the BYU-Idaho Campus Democrats. I'm a yankee fan, I can't help but support a losing side.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
BYU-I: Elephants and Donkeys Throwdown in the Cage
Posted by
Mike
at
9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment